Rock-Tech is seeking for a full time Experienced Field Service Technician to join its team in the Greater Sudbury Area, Ontario.
We are looking for a long-term highly motivated, hardworking, safety conscious, reliable and experienced team player to join our growing organization.
Rock-Tech is a Canadian Manufacturer of underground mining equipment. We believe in safety first and set high standards for innovation, performance, quality, and continuous improvements. Our facility is designed for maximum productivity, energy efficiency, waste minimization and environmental sustainability. Our team approach upholds respect for all, entrenches safety at all stages of the business process, and encourages innovation.
About the Position:
These positions will require proficient, correct, timely and safe execution of the following work tasks:
• Provide expert and disciplined analysis of structural, or mechanical, electrical or hydraulic systems
• Teardown, re-assemble, commission/ test and trouble-shoot equipment at customer sites or facility, as required
• Must be knowledgeable with can-bus systems.
• Execute timely planned work tasks as directed by immediate Supervisor
• Assist the Product Support Manager with the preparation of technical reports, presentations, and repair cost estimates, audits of Customer equipment, etc.
• Develop professional working relationships with key Customer personnel, and communicate any customer organizational or policy change to Service Manager
• Identify potential business (i.e. sales) opportunities, and communicate to the appropriate team (i.e. Sales, Engineering)
• Read and interpret engineered drawings and work orders, including mechanical assembly and hydraulic schematics and circuits.
• Utilizing various company provided power and hand operated tools, sub-assemble, fit, install, and test of a wide variety of manufactured and purchased mechanical components to engineered specification.
• Assemble and install hydraulic control systems. Attach hose fittings, assemble bulkheads, route and install hydraulic hoses.
• Inspect component parts and finished product, to ensure product quality meets company and Customer expectations.
• Operate material handling devices such as overhead cranes, and forklift in compliance with applicable safety standards. Safely utilize various types of rigging for lift and transport of loads.
• Maintain accurate records, including labour bookings, utilizing various PC based software applications
• Cross train within other departments as may be required on temporary basis.
• Maintain a strong customer relationship by offering constant professional and quick responses to all level of customers, vendors and fellow employees.
• Keep all related work areas clean as seen fit by Rock-Tech
• Participate in safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviours and objectives at all times in support of Rock-Tech's Health and Safety Policy/Program and best practices
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with any one of the following qualifications:
• Certificate of Qualification as a Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic (HDM) preferred
• Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (HDEM) Certificate of Qualification and Certificate of Apprenticeship or equivalent experience preferred
• Certificate of Qualification from similar trades will be considered
• Minimum 3 years hands-on experience as Journey Person within the mining industry, preferably on heavy mobile equipment
• Proficiency reading and interpreting mechanical blueprints, hydraulic assembly drawings and electrical wiring including Can-Bus systems.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Ability to be flexible and open to new methods, processes and technologies
• Ability to work independently or within a team under minimal supervision
• Possess strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
• Conflict management and problem solving skills
• Effectively communicate at a multi-disciplinary level with Engineering, Purchasing and Marketing staff
• Proven leadership skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
• Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract
• Bilingual in both English and French
• Willing to work overtime, off-shift and weekends (i.e. respond to after-hour customer calls) if and when required
• Willing and able to travel domestically and/or internationally for extended durations if required (valid passport will eventually be required)
• Work wear to be provided
• Safety shoes or boots mandatory
• Additional PPE to be supplied by Rock-Tech
Salary, Compensation & work schedule:
- Salary: to be negotiated pending on experience, knowledge and performance
- Benefit package (Dental, Health, Drugs, Life and Disability Benefits)
- Pension Plan
If you are interested in being part of a team work environment and a growing Canadian company, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attention: HR Department
160 Magill Street
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.