Rock-Tech is seeking a full time exceptional Procurement & Inside Sales Representative to join its team in Sudbury, Ontario.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hardworking, safety conscious, reliable and experienced team player who will work closely with our vendors & customers in an effective and professional manner.
• Rock-Tech is a Canadian manufacturer of stationary rockbreaker systems, premium mine utility vehicles, and fuel/lubricant storage systems for underground mining applications. We strive on high standards for innovation, performance, quality, and discipline. To serve a growing customer base, Rock-Tech has recently moved into a totally refurbished 31,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Sudbury’s Walden Industrial Park that has been methodically designed for maximum productivity, energy efficiency and environmental sustainability.
- Source, select and maintain Approved Suppliers based on consistent monitoring of departmental key performance indicators of Quality, Delivery, and Cost
- Purchase materials or other goods and/or coordinate activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as raw materials, tools, parts, supplies, equipment maintenance etc.
- Allocate parts from inventory or procure parts for all ongoing work order, service orders and follow up on backorders.
- Research and negotiate with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as annual pricing, availability, delivery schedule and continual cost reduction programs.
- Set vendor evaluation and performance measurements (KPI) and ensure that the supply base continually improves.
- Purchasing compliance with company guide lines and required standards to quality of the product.
- Maintain a high code of ethics and the professional code of conduct set forward by the company.
- Responsible for the outsource vendors and requisitions for repairs and asset maintenance of the company
- Establish individual parts inventory levels and balance them for maximum turnover and monitor Inventory turns by products and devise ways to keep the OSMI at a minimum.
- Work with the Planner to ensure components / services are pre-scheduled with Suppliers and expedite purchased part(s) or product(s), as required to maintain production schedules and efficient internal / external customer service
- Manage Non-Conformance and warranty parts issues and Return Material Authorization.
- Build and maintain strong customer relations including greeting customers, handling inquiries, providing price quotes, and selling parts.
- Strategic procurement process, manage inventories, & customer contract pricing
- Work closely with Account Managers to identify potential leads & losses.
- Responsible to complete and oversee all international shipping requirements, freight, and documentations.
- Cover and/or assist warehouse person in shipping product to both local and out-of-town customers utilizing appropriate shipping methods.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Positions Requirements & Qualifications:
- College Diploma or University Degree in Business (or related field)
- 3-5 years’ experience in purchasing and Inventory control in heavy equipment or mining sector.
- Strong communication & written skills in English language is a necessity. (French Language an asset)
- Individual must be comfortable negotiating with suppliers.
- Problem solving and analytical skills leading to business problem resolution is essential
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers, vendors, and employees at all levels (both oral and written)
- Continuous Improvement, e. providing suggestions leading to cost reduction and / or containment, increased efficiency, increase communication
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft office word & excel and inventory software experience MRP/ERP.
Salary, Compensation & work schedule:
- Salary: $23.00 to $25.00 per hour pending on experience, knowledge and performance
- Benefit package (Dental, Health, Drugs, Life and Disability Benefits)
- Pension Plan
- Monday to Friday (8:00 am to 4:30 pm)
Please visit our website for further information of our company and this position under our career section.
If you are interested in being part of a team work environment and a growing Canadian company, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Closing date for applications: Jan 31th, 2018
Attention: Human Resources
160 Magill Street
Lively, ON P3Y 1K7
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.