Welder – Fitter
Rock-Tech is seeking a full time Experienced Welder – Fitter to join its team in Sudbury, Ontario.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hardworking, safety conscious, reliable and experienced team player to join our organization as of Welder-Fitter in our manufacturing plant.
Rock-Tech is a Canadian Manufacturer of stationary rockbreaker systems, premium mine utility vehicles, and fuel lubricants storage systems for mining underground mining applications. We strive on high- standards for innovation, performance, quality, and discipline. To serve a growing customer base, Rock-Tech has recently move in a renovated and modern 31,000 square foot facility. We strive for continuous improvements and lean manufacturing at our facility in Sudbury Walden Industrial Park. Our facility has been methodically designed for maximum productivity, energy efficiency, waste minimization within a manufacturing system and environmental sustainability.
• Fabricator perform all welding operations & must have knowledge in controlling distortion
• Understand drawings, work orders and blueprints /cad drawings
• Understand how jigs work and that they are in place at work stations
• Layout and fit material according to specifications, ensuring all tolerances are met
• Actively participate in continuous improvements initiatives
• Liaison for engineering regarding non-conformances on equipment (input/feedback/suggestion and recommendation)
• Ensure that work is meeting time standards, assist in improving and developing better time standards. Interpret welding process specification.
• Complete work documentation including pre-inspections procedures, quality control check lists and labor sheets to ensure data is recorded accurately in accordance with the company standards
• Responsible for various types of weld preparation, welding, and weld finishing operations.
• Operate manual and semi-manual flame cutting equipment
• Prepare jigs or set-ups for welding.
• Operate hoisting and lifting equipment. Operate a forklift.
• Operate oxygen arc cutting(arc-air) (AOC) -approx. 5 % annually
• Provide feedback to engineering with recommendation and corrective actions
• Practice good housekeeping methods by keeping work area clean and clear of obstructions
• Perform safety inspection of equipment (assets) and related accessories
• Dedicated and committed employee to report on time
• Report on time and work accurately.
• Ensure strict adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Industrial Establishments.
• The above is the minimum requirements but not limited to any other that may be required by Rock-Tech. Any additional requirements and job duties to be added as required.
Position's Requirement & Qualifications:
• Possess a welder trade certification & college technical training.
• Gas metal arc welding (GMAW) certificates
• 5 years’ experience in welding & fitting in a fabrication and manufacturing environment.
• Proficient blueprint reading of engineering or drafted drawings, manuals, and processes
• Proficient with the use and interpretation of CWB weld symbols
• Proficient layout skills using material according to specifications
• Must be able to read test, numeracy, and writing, job task planning, safety and organizing.
• Must be able to lift 23 kg (50 lbs.).
• Must have own transportation.
• Must have own tools, steel-toed safety boots and welding helmet.
• Must be a team player able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must possess good oral and written communication skills to complete work assignment
• Knowledge of these process would be an asset, operate Plasma table, brake press, and other metal shaping and straightening and bending machines. As well with any other process related to fabrication as required by Management and your immediate supervisor.
• Willingness and ability to communicate positively and respectfully with all customers, vendors, employees, and supervisors.
Salary, Compensation & work schedule:
• Salary: $28.00 to $30.00 per hour pending on experience, knowledge and performance
• Benefit package (Dental, Health, Drugs, Life and Disability Benefits)
• Pension Plan
• Monday to Friday (7:30 am to 4:00 pm)
Please visit our website for further information of our company and this position under our career section.
If you are interested in being part of a team work environment and a growing Canadian company, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attention: HR Manager
160 Magill Street
We thank all applicants for their response, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted