Rock-Tech is seeking a full time Experienced Rock-Tech is seeking a full time Experienced CNC Brake Press/Plasma cutting Table Operator to join its team in Sudbury, Ontario.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hardworking, safety conscious, reliable and experienced team player to join our organization in our manufacturing plant.
Rock-Tech is a Canadian Manufacturer of stationary rockbreaker systems, premium mine utility vehicles, and fuel lubricants storage systems for mining underground mining applications. We strive on high standards for innovation, performance, quality, and discipline. To serve a growing customer base, Rock-Tech has recently move in a renovated and modern 31,000 square foot facility. We strive for continuous improvements and lean manufacturing at our facility in Sudbury Walden Industrial Park. Our facility has been methodically designed for maximum productivity, energy efficiency, waste minimization within a manufacturing system and environmental sustainability.
• Identify and safely handle various raw material using 10-ton overhead crane and/or forklift as required to load parts into the Brake Press, Band-saw or plasma cutting table
• Setup and program (on-screen) an PB225X4100 (METFAB) CNC Brake Press to bend parts according to blueprint specifications. This includes tool selection and setup, and dimensional validation of finished parts
• Use a CNC controller to input information into plasma Cutting Table
• Cut metal parts from metal plate, as required, on a Sector Table using a (Hypertherm) HPR260 XD- Plasma-Arc burn table according to the specifications given.
• Operate the plasma table to nest and cut parts from sheets of metal
• Load /Unload parts from the plasma table + sort and palletize parts on pallet
• Move parts to designated workstation(s) in priority sequence as required
• Remove slag, edges, and spatter from parts using hand tools and grinders (pneumatic and electric)
• Cut metal structural parts, as required, on a band-saw for conformance to drawing specifications, and verify all dimensions on finished parts.
• Use various equipment to thread pipe, bevel holes, chamfering plates etc.
• Excellent math Skills, checks height, depth and thickness using micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, gauges, and other precision-measuring instruments.
• Proven ability to maintain production levels while ensuring high degree of detail and accuracy.
• Candidate must be willing to be Cross-Trained in other areas of the plant.
• Complete work documentation including pre-inspections procedures, quality control check lists and labor sheets to ensure data is recorded accurately in accordance with the company standards
• Practice good housekeeping methods by keeping work area clean and clear of obstructions
• Perform daily operator maintenance checks and maintain equipment per service schedule
• Dedicated and committed employee to report on time and work accurately.
• Ensure strict adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Industrial Establishments.
• Any other issues that arise for the management and your immediate supervisor.
The successful candidate shall possess the following requirements and qualifications:
• 2 to 3 years experience operating a band saw and plasma-arc burn table is an asset
• 2 to 3 years experience operating a CNC brake Press
• Experience operating a forklift and overhead crane
• Must be able to read test, numeracy, and writing, job task planning, safety and organizing.
• Must be able to lift 23 kg (50 lbs.).
• Must have own transportation.
• Must have own tools, steel-toed safety boots.
• Must be a team player able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must possess good oral and written communication skills to complete work assignment
• Willingness and ability to communicate positively and respectfully with all customers, vendors, employees, and supervisors.
Salary, Compensation & work schedule:
• Salary: $20.00 to $23.00 per hour pending on experience, knowledge and performance
• Benefit package (Dental, Health, Drugs, Life and Disability Benefits)
• Pension Plan
• Monday to Friday (7:30 am to 4:00 pm)
If you are interested in being part of a team work environment and a growing Canadian company, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attention: HR Manager
160 Magill Street
We thank all applicants for their response, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted