Rock-Tech is seeking for a full time Experienced Mechanical Assembler to join its team in the Greater Sudbury Area, Ontario.
We are looking for a long-term highly motivated, hardworking, safety conscious, reliable and experienced team player to join our growing organization.
Rock-Tech is a Canadian Manufacturer of underground mining equipment. We believe in safety first and set high standards for innovation, performance, quality, and continuous improvements. Our facility is designed for maximum productivity, energy efficiency, waste minimization and environmental sustainability. Our team approach upholds respect for all, entrenches safety at all stages of the business process, and encourages innovation.
About the Position:
These positions will require proficient, correct, timely and safe execution of the following work tasks:
• Read and interpret engineered drawings and work orders, including mechanical assembly and hydraulic schematics and circuits.
• Utilizing various company provided power and hand operated tools, sub-assemble, fit, install, and test of a wide variety of manufactured and purchased mechanical components to engineered specification.
• Assemble and install hydraulic control systems. Attach hose fittings, assemble bulkheads, route and install hydraulic hoses.
• Assist Electrical Assemblers with the installation of electrical control panels, motors, cable routing and termination.
• Inspect component parts and finished product, to ensure product quality meets company and Customer expectations.
• Perform minor adjustments and repairs to assemblies and finished product as directed
• Operate material handling devices such as overhead cranes, and forklift in compliance with applicable safety standards. Safely utilize various types of rigging for lift and transport of loads.
• Operate articulating vehicles to in order to test and trial finished product.
• Maintain accurate records, including labour bookings, utilizing various PC based software applications
• Cross train within other departments as may be required on temporary basis.
• Maintain a strong customer relationship by offering constant professional and quick responses to all level of customers, vendors and fellow employees.
• Keep all related work areas clean as seen fit by Rock-Tech
• Participate in safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviours and objectives at all times in support of Rock-Tech's Health and Safety Policy/Program and best practices
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with any one of the following qualifications:
• Ideally you are a licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic, Truck and Coach Mechanic, Auto-Mechanic, or Millwright Journey person, or a Mechanical Technician or Technologist, with 3+ years of related heavy duty mobile vehicle manufacturing experience, or
• You could be a mechanic’s apprentice, or recent community college graduate with an electrical or electronic diploma, or
• You could be a backyard mechanic, a tinkerer, or a mechanically inclined hobbyist, with the ability to learn, follow direction carefully and to create in a meticulous and skillful manner
• Experience operating forklifts and overhead cranes
• Physical demands, must be able to lift 50 lbs
• Work wear to be provided
• Safety shoes or boots mandatory
• Additional PPE to be supplied by Rock-Tech
Salary, Compensation & work schedule:
- Salary: to be negotiated pending on experience, knowledge and performance
- Benefit package (Dental, Health, Drugs, Life and Disability Benefits)
- Pension Plan
- Monday to Friday (7:30 am to 4:00 pm)
If you are interested in being part of a team work environment and a growing Canadian company, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.